What is spiritual direction?
What It Is
Spiritual direction occurs within an interpersonal relationship when one person helps another begin to learn how to grow, live and love in the spiritual life.
What It Is Not
Spiritual direction is not counseling or coaching but rather a wellness practice to help a person notice where God might be in any given life situation.
Spiritual direction includes times of prayer and discernment to understand what God is saying and doing through the everyday life of sameness, transition, change or celebration and gain.
What Comes After
An awareness of God in a person’s life, as well as in the world, becomes deeper.
Linda’s desire is to help others understand how God brings the extraordinary to their ordinary daily life. Individual direction with her will be spent in the presence of the Holy Spirit to look, listen, discern and move closer to the heart of God and the intentionality of his design for the individual.
… that the eyes of your heart be enlightened that you may know the hope to which God has called you …
Who Benefits From Spiritual Direction
- Those seeking a greater awareness of God in their life
- Those questioning where God is in a given situation
- Those growing in the things of God who want to celebrate that
- Those wondering why their prayer life seems dry
- Those who need help in discerning an issue
- Those seeking to understand their purpose in life
In other words, anyone and everyone!